I watched the movie yesterday. Conceptually, the story is fascinating. We have several issues presented in a pretty solid way:
- An parolee who tries to escape his past by repentance and working hard, becoming a good, honest, reputable man.
- A police officer who believes only in blind justice: law is everything, once a criminal, always a criminal.
- A mother who is willing to do everything (even becomes a prostitute) to support her daughter.
- A young idealist man commited to social change who eventually organizes a rebel movement.
- Some petty crooks… who are crooks :p
No conclusion about this movie at the moment, though. Probably I’ll watch this movie once again. But one thing for sure:
musical drama is and has always been a turn off to me. It makes me go Zzzz….