The last time I upgrade my Arch Linux system was about 2 months ago. So yesterday, I did a “pacman -Syu”, and got about 1.6 GB of updates. Awesome, let’s do it. So I did, and then went to sleep.
After I woke up this morning, I checked my laptop. Yikes, the update process was failed.
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
glibc: /lib64 exists in filesystem
So I, foolishly repeated the update process, by using additional parameters: “pacman -Syu –force”. Waited for a while, and it was done!
Let’s reboot. Uh oh, something was wrong, because it didn’t reboot. So I turned of the laptop manually and turned it on again.
Ah wonderful. I got another kernel panic 😡
Let’s see how easy I can fix this problem…