It started as a secure, single floppy, bootable Linux distribution for storing PGP keys and then encrypting, signing and wiping files. At some point it became an exercise in over-engineering.
Tinfoil hat is useful if:
- You’re using a computer that could have a keystroke logger installed. http://www.keyghost.com is an example of a tiny & cheap hardware logger.
- You need to use your personal GPG keys at work, school or a web hosting facility where you don’t trust or own the equipment.
- If you maintain a PGP Certificate Authority or signing key and have to have a safe place to use the CA key.
- If you simply don’t want to risk putting a PGP key on a hard drive where someone else might have access to it.
- The Illuminati are watching your computer, and you need to use morse code to blink out your PGP messages on the numlock key.
Hahaha … sepertinya ini cocok sekali buat para user yang tergolong paranoid :p
Info : http://tinfoilhat.shmoo.com/